Kathryn Lutz/Marcy Delgado
INGREDIENTS:1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
pinch of salt
2 1/2 cups flour (sifted)
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Cream together powdered sugar and butter, add egg, vanilla and almond extract.
2. Stir in flour, salt, soda and cream of tartar.
3. Chill 3-4 hours
4. Roll out dough and cut with favorite cookie cutter shapes or drop by 1/2 teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 375º just until they start to turn golden brown, watch very closely.
Mother loved this recipe and made everyone many cookies for every occasion.
Mother told me many times she loved to bake for her family.-Marcy
Grandma Lutz’s Frosting for Sugar Cookies
2 lbs. powdered sugar
2/3 cups milk
3/4 cups butter
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoon flavoring (any kind)
1. Combine milk, butter, vanilla, salt & flavorings.
Mix 3-5 minutes. Gradually add powdered sugar until desired consistency.
2. Ice cookies