Ice Cream Roll
1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. cocoa
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
4 eggs, separated
1 tbsp. cold water
1/2 c. + 1/3 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 c. powdered sugar
1 quart softened ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour wax paper.
2. Sift first 4 ingredients in large mixing bowl.
3. Combine egg whites and water. Beat on high until frothy. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar and beat until stiff.
4. In small mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until thick. Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar. Add vanilla and beat 2 minutes longer.
5. Fold egg yolk mixture into egg whites. Fold into dry ingredients. Don’t over mix.
6. Spread batter evenly in pan. Bake 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and
allow to cool enough to handle.
7. Sprinkle thin cotton kitchen towel (not terry cloth) with powdered sugar.
8. Turn cake onto towel, peal off wax paper. Roll up cake and towel together start rolling up at narrow (10 inch) end and place seam side down to cool.
9. When cool, unroll and spread with softened vanilla ice cream roll up again
without towel. Wrap in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
10. Freeze until firm. Sprinkle top with powdered sugar, slice and serve.