Caramel Apple Cake
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups chopped peeled apples
1 cups coarsely chopped pecans
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
1 cup packed brown sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar. Blend in oil and vanilla.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture. Stir in apples and pecans. Pour into a greased 10-inch tube pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
4. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
1. In a small saucepan, combine topping ingredients. Bring to a boil; boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Slowly pour over warm cake. (some topping will run down onto the plate)